Sorry, it’s been ages since I last updated – it’s been a very busy few months.
Recent news includes:
- I took part in Maggie’s On The Runway – a runway event for people who are living with or after diagnosis of Cancer in order to raise funds and awareness of the new Maggie’s Centre at the Christie. We raised £180,000.
- I took on a comms role for this project, and hence why I’ve not been on this page – I’ve been writing semi-professionally elsewhere, which was a magnificent experience.
- I’m now working on a separate charity project, again providing the online expertise, more details on that when I’m allowed to say more.
- I’ve finally moved on to a fixed hours contract at work, so my ‘return’ from Cancer is now complete.
- I’ve been putting a lot of free time exploring more how I can get more experience in communications and charity roles. My current 50 mile a day round trip isn’t doing much good for my fatigue and these skill sets have felt a lot more prominent in the ‘post-Cancer’ years – I really want to find a role where I can ‘give back’.
- Granddad has moved in to a different care home – his dementia is sadly getting worse but he’s still fighting the good fight!
- Mum has been diagnosed with AML – an aggressive form of Cancer. She’s currently stable and handling treatment very well.
- I turned 31 a few weeks ago – yaaaaay!
- Yesterday, I led the corporate LGBT Group that I head up locally at work in the Manchester Pride Parade
- Max and I celebrate our one year wedding anniversary tomorrow (Monday).
As you can see, there have been loads of distractions keeping me away. I hope to become more active again through the calmer autumnal months – thanks for sticking with me! x