I was at Thursday night’s performance of Footloose at the Buxton Opera House.
I’m going to keep it short and sweet as I’ve reviewed this show before and it’s an extension of a tour which has been doing the rounds for years.
- Notable: Joshua Dowen (Ren)
- Notable: Maureen Nolan (Vai)
- Notable: Gracie Lai (Urleen / Ensemble)
- A good strong cast, I ‘objected’ to nobody
- Gareth Gates’ torso
- Cast playing multiple musical instruments
- Very well choreographed to facilitate the playing of instruments on stage too.
Gareth Gates’ almost offensive portrayal of Willard – very awkward to watch at first
All in all a great night out, and one which I’d definitely recommend. More great stuff coming from Selladoor Productions who are really establishing themselves as taking the middle of the road musicals and making a big success out of them (Bill Kenwright and your terribly cheap/poor imitations, please take note!)
Footloose is 2 hours 30 minutes (including interval) and suitable for all ages.
Official website: http://footloose-musical.com/