I’m afraid I have writing fatigue after spending weeks writing my first book – whilst I hate to do so, I’m flaking out on a full review. Sorry.
- John Partridge is pretty dire. His accent stinks and he doesn’t really gel well on stage. Eastenders has ruined this former West End star.
- Similarly, absolutely not a fan of X-Factor’s Sam Bailey in a theatrical role.
- As I’ve noted with previous productions, I am not a fan, in any definition of the word, of the set.
- The band were great, as per and the choreography really shone through when the Company were able to hit it all together.
- For me, it just lacked energy and seemed very worn in.
It’s such a shame that there’s not been a ‘decent’ production of this show in at least the last ten years.
Of course, it’s great to have employment in the industry and shows like this (low-cost crowd pleaders) are the life-blood of keeping it going, but it’s important to me that we still put the effort in.
My rating is “Chica-don’t-go”.